Laborer - Seasonal/Summer
Job Status: Seasonal-Summer; Opportunity for year-round advancement
Compensation: $17-$20 hourly rate, Based on experience
Location: Northern Illinois; Job site varies
Reports To: Field Superintendent & Project Manager
Date Available: Open to Availability
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Complete & Submit Application
Nicholas & Associates, Inc. provides construction services primarily in the education, private development, and multi-family markets.
The Laborer works under the direct supervision of, and provides construction support to, the Field Superintendents and Project Managers on behalf of the Nicholas and Associates family of companies. The Laborer is responsible for maintaining a safe, organized, and efficient job site by performing daily maintenance tasks such as moving/organizing miscellaneous construction materials on the project site. The Laborer must:
- work varied hours and days as necessary;
- have reliable transportation;
- travel between job sites as required; and
- possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license.
The Laborer will report to the Field Superintendent daily and will be assisted in learning any applicable technology. The Laborer is expected to adopt the Nicholas & Associates standards of timeliness and uncompromising quality. Laborers who excel in their positions may be invited to advance into supervisory roles within the organization.
- Maintain company equipment according to manufacture specification and maintenance schedules.
- Distribute, collect, and maintain inventory logs for company owned tools and equipment.
- Load and unload construction materials and supplies as needed.
- Properly store, secure, and inventory materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Organize and maintain project site including and not limited to temporary fencing, signage, debris removal, and daily cleaning.
- Safely operate hand and power tools.
- Record deliveries and forward delivery tickets to the Field Superintendent.
- Travel off the job site, as specifically directed by the Field Superintendent, to pick-up construction materials and supplies, as necessary.
- Remain on the job site, daily, until the site is secure, and until released by the Field Superintendent.
- Other duties as assigned by the Field Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Must have a general knowledge of hand tools and how to use them.
- Must know and adopt the Nicholas & Associates standards of timeliness and uncompromising quality.
- Perform general worksite duties such as installing and maintain safety rails, temporary doors, and temporary site fencing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem-solve issues and assist others in developing resolutions.
- Ability to be extremely organized and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, listen to others, keep emotions under control, be open to the ideas of others, respond well to questions, support the team’s efforts to succeed, and treat everyone with respect.
1001 Feehanville Drive
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
3880 West Wheelhouse Road
Milwaukee, WI 53208