Job Status: 12-Month, Full-Time
Location: Chicagoland & Milwaukee, WI Area
Reports To: General Superintendent
Supervises: Project Contractors
Date Available: Open to Availability
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Send a letter of interest and resume to Director of Human Resources Chris Kontney at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicholas & Associates, Inc. provides construction services primarily in the education, private development, and multi-family markets. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the building process, which includes the management of a construction team comprised of contractors, architects, engineers, and owners. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for safety, scheduling, code compliance, quality standards, inspections, and delivering a completed project on-time and under-budget, while never compromising quality.
- Open the construction site at the beginning of each day and secure the site at the end of each day.
- Walk all parts of the construction site daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Lead and manage the on-site construction team.
- Establish goals, construction schedules, and completion timelines for the construction team.
- Along with the project manager, preside over weekly construction progress meetings.
- Collaborate with contractors, project managers, engineers, architects, and owners.
- Ensure contractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Identify areas of work outside of the contractor’s scope of work.
- Identify conflicts in the construction progress and communicate these concerns promptly to the project manager and project owners.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure construction complies with safety, health, and quality standards.
- Maintain records, including but not limited to daily field reports and Requests for Information.
- Coordinate building inspections with state and local jurisdictions, as required.
- Coordinate end-of-project punch list and ensure completion of items.
- Previous experience as a site superintendent, project manager, or general contractor with a focus in industrial or commercial construction is preferred.
- OSHA-30 certification.
- Proficiency in reading construction documents.
- Proficiency with scheduling software, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and uploading digital photography.
- Experience in multi-story apartment, municipality, or school construction is preferred.
- Ability to be extremely organized and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems, maintain confidentiality, listen to others, keep emotions under control, be open to the ideas of others, respond well to questions, demonstrate group presentation skills, participate in meetings, write clearly and concisely, support the team’s efforts to succeed, and treat everyone with respect.
1001 Feehanville Drive
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
3880 West Wheelhouse Road
Milwaukee, WI 53208